Thursday, September 1, 2011

Angelina and Brad plan to ease out of acting




Angelina and Brad plan to ease out of acting

Angelina Jolie is spreading the word that she wants to scale back on the movie-making and focus on her six kids.

In an interview with The Financial Times, the 36-year-old star reveals that acting is starting to lose its luster.

"As Brad and I get older we're going to do fewer films," she said, according to The Wrap. "I've been working for a long time, he's been working for a long time, we've had a nice run and don't want to be doing this our whole lives... I don't love it as much... I love being a mom."

The actress and her partner Brad Pitt are parents to Maddox, Pax, Zahara, Shiloh and twins Vivienne and Knox.

Jolie explains that her loss of interest is due to motherhood and maturity: “I'm older and I know who I am, and I'm less interested in the character helping me answer something than in being able to answer it for myself, as a woman, as an adult, with my family."

But she's not leaving just yet - Jolie will be starring in the upcoming film "Cleopatra," and her writing and directorial debut, "In the Land of Blood and Honey," was picked up for a December U.S. release.

No comments:

Post a Comment